Tuesday 7 October 2014

THE PROMISE OF MUSON FESTIVAL 2014 (5) - BIODUN ADISA

“…This year’s festival will be exciting, exhilarating…”

Tell us about yourself

My name is Biodun Adisa Timothy and I play the alto saxophone. Playing with the best orchestra in Nigeria, which is the MUSON Symphony Orchestra is the greatest thing that has happened to me. It’s been a learning and exhilarating experience for me.

How does it feel to be part of one of Fela’s songs?

To have the legendary Fela Anikulapo’s music being performed by the MUSON Symphony Orchestra is beyond exhilarating.
It’s the first time this is happening here and I am grateful for the new Artistic director who has spearheaded this change.
I am particularly glad because this is our own music that has a link to our history. It’s quite overwhelming and exciting for us because it’s the first time African songs are going to be part of the pieces, which will be performed at the festival.

What should people expect?

I am imploring them not to miss out on this festival if they have been missing out on others over the years.  This year’s festival promises to be exciting and different and it would be beneficial to everybody.